Dear HSE Families,
It is hard to believe it is already Spring Break – a week when we will get to enjoy a bit of time to rest and recharge. After that, it is back to work to finish this year strong! We have much to do and, as always, your involvement is needed.
The months of April and May mark the beginning to the end of the year STAAR testing window. We will start administering STAAR the week of April 20th. This testing window will run through mid-May. The schedule can be found on our online calendar and it will also be posted on Facebook and in the Tiger Tribune. It is very important that your students be at school and on time on STAAR testing days. Past experience has shown that students who take the assessments with their class perform at a higher level than those who take a make-up assessment at a different time. If you need to schedule a medical appointment for your child in the next couple of months, be sure to check with your child’s teacher to find out what days to avoid when scheduling the appointment.
Many campus upgrades are planned during the break. To ensure HSE is completely safe, secure, and is the best place for learning, the following improvements will be made to our school:
- Current gates will be replaced with wireless compatible, sliding ones. New operators will be added.
- Outside lighting will be enhanced to ensure our land is completely safe and visible.
- Parking lot stripes and fire lines will be repainted. Designated staff parking will be added.
- A professional sound system will be installed in the gym. A very special thanks to our legendary PTO for sponsoring this project.
- Two outside HSE signs along Gessner will be replaced with projected completion March 25th.
I also want to share more exciting news – our dream project, the HSE STEAM Lab, has been approved by the district office. We plan to start its construction during the first week of summer break. Our goal is getting the lab ready before August 10th. It is going to be a great addition to our campus.
We love having you visit and take part in what we do. Our HSE community is a wonderful place to be and, as a team, we continue to work hard to stay the BEST! We are anchoring excellence in a safe harbor for learning and riding the “Waves of Success”!
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Mugire Ayci, Principal