Please read for more information on how the school staff, parents, and students of HSE will all share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement. This document will be explained to parents by teachers during the parent-teacher conferences on Thursday, October 25, 2018.
Please read for more information on the school’s expectations for parent engagement including a list of common events and activities for parents and families to attend throughout the school year.
Please read for more information on how the school will use various federal and state funds to improve student achievement and facilitate parent and community engagement.
Thursday, September 20th – HSE will be having early dismissal at 1:00 p.m. for all students. No clubs – Zenith care is still available. No early pick up from the front office after 12:00 pm.
You are cordially invited to Harmony Houston North annual Title I meeting on Monday, October 1st, from 10:00 to 11:00 am
Also, you can give input at the Parent Family Engagement Review meeting on Thursday, September 20th from 9:00 to 11:00 am.
Both meetings will be held at 3203 N Sam Houston Pkwy W Houston, TX 77038 room #408
Fill out a survey HERE
- There are no staff members on duty until 7:00 A.M. to watch the students outside.
- Students are not allowed in the building before 7:20 A.M. unless they are reporting to a team practice.
- Therefore, we are not responsible for those who are here before 7:00 A.M.
- Please remember the final drop off time is 7:45, and students will be counted as tardy if they enter the building at or later than 7:50 A.M.
There available spots for these clubs if you are interested in enrolling your child/ren.
- Tuesday – Home Skills – (2nd – 4th grade)
- Wednesday – Club invention – (2nd & 3rd grade)
- Friday – Club invention – (4th & 5th grade)
- Friday – Guitar – (2nd – 8th grade)
HSE will be issuing numbered hanging car tags to replace the windshield stickers currently used at dismissal. The car tags are easier to transfer from car to car and the larger print makes the numbers easier to read. Tags will be neon yellow this year and will change color every year.
We will begin issuing car tags on September 5th
Receiving Car Tags:
- Car tags will be sent home with students who already have a number assigned to them from previous years
- Each student will get 2 copies of the new car tag; extras will be made by request
- For students who are NEW to HSE, parents will need to come to the front office and show ID to receive their number*
* Parent/Guardian must present ID and be listed in Skyward to verify they are legally able to pick up the child
- There will also be an opportunity to receive your car tags during Info Nights
Displaying Car Tags:
- Car tags must be displayed in the window, whether it’s hung from rear view mirror or on the dashboard, in order to have the student released to the parent
- Stickers need to be discarded if they do not match the number on the tag
- If the parent shares their car tag and number with anyone, they assume the responsibility for their child’s safety
- Official implementation starts on September 10th – if you do not have your car tag you will need to park and claim your tag.
In accordance with the Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted/Talented students, Harmony Public Schools will begin taking referrals for kindergarten and newly-enrolled students in grades 1-12 for gifted and talented screening.
Anyone interested in the educational welfare of these students may refer them for assessment.
Referral forms are available at the front office and on the school’s web site.
The forms must be returned to the front office by Friday, September 28, 2018.
Assessment period will begin on Monday, October 1, 2018.
For more information about the screening and identification process, parents may contact the school’s GT Coach/teacher.
It’s time to register your students for after school clubs! Clubs are available on a first-come, first-served basis and begin on September 4th. Payments are due September 7th.
Click here for a description of the clubs: https://hsehouston.harmonytx.org/clubs/ (note: SchoolBuddy is not online, families must register using the link below).
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
4th-8th graders: Join the HSE Cross Country team in their 2nd year of competition. Last year, two of our runners qualified for the TCSAAL state championships and three qualified for the USATF National Championships.
We are looking forward to an even faster year! Practices are held before school at the HSE field on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays with optional weekend long runs.
|Order by Picture Day:|
September 10, 2018
|Picture Day ID: RW018052Y0|
YOU’RE INVITED TO ATTEND
Harmony School of Excellence – Houston
Campus Title I, Part A Parental Involvement Meeting
Thursday, August 30, 2018
Goal/Purpose: Review, evaluate, and update/develop Parent Involvement (PI) Policy and the School-Parent Compact.
I. Review CIP goals and budget
II. Title I Information presentation
III. Review, revise, and execute initial PI Policy and School-Parent Compact
IV. Comments, Q&A
Usted está invitado a venir a
Harmony School of Excellence – Houston a
La reunión de participación de los padres para Title I, Part A
Jueves, 30 de Agosto, 2018
En la biblioteca de HSE
El Objectivo: Revisar, modificar, y ejecutar la politica de participación de los padres y el pacto de la escuela y los padres.
I. Revisar los objectivos y el presupuesto del CIP.
II. La presentación información de Title I.
III. Revisar, modificar, y ejecutar la politica de participación de los padres y el pacto de la escuela y los padres.
IV. Observaciónes y preguntas.
When: Aug 29th and Aug 31st
Where: HSE Gym
Time: 3:30- 6:00pm BOTH DAYS
What to Bring: Water, Basketball shorts, shoes.
Who to contact for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come on out and showcase your Mad Skills!!
Email email@example.com with any questions
Dismissal Update: K-2nd grade will be picked up under the back awning this year. 3rd and 4th grade will sit in the Commons and be picked up by the front door. 5th-8th students will be picked up at the North door.
A physical form MUST be on file before tryouts.
If you need a physical form or if you have any questions, email Coach McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit him in room 130.