HSE will be issuing numbered hanging car tags to replace the windshield stickers currently used at dismissal. The car tags are easier to transfer from car to car and the larger print makes the numbers easier to read. Tags will be neon yellow this year and will change color every year.
We will begin issuing car tags on September 5th
Receiving Car Tags:
- Car tags will be sent home with students who already have a number assigned to them from previous years
- Each student will get 2 copies of the new car tag; extras will be made by request
- For students who are NEW to HSE, parents will need to come to the front office and show ID to receive their number*
* Parent/Guardian must present ID and be listed in Skyward to verify they are legally able to pick up the child
- There will also be an opportunity to receive your car tags during Info Nights
Displaying Car Tags:
- Car tags must be displayed in the window, whether it’s hung from rear view mirror or on the dashboard, in order to have the student released to the parent
- Stickers need to be discarded if they do not match the number on the tag
- If the parent shares their car tag and number with anyone, they assume the responsibility for their child’s safety
- Official implementation starts on September 10th – if you do not have your car tag you will need to park and claim your tag.