Month: September 2018
Each year from September 15 to October 15 is National Hispanic Heritage Month. The 2018 Hispanic Heritage Month theme is: “Hispanics: One Endless Voice to Enhance our Traditions.” The theme invites us to reflect on Hispanic American’s tradition, history and culture.
The ESL and Spanish departments will be hosting Heritage Night on October 10th from 3:05 – 5:00 in the cafeteria this year. ESL students from 4th-8th will be participating as well as LOTE students.
The Scholastic Book Fair will run from October 8th-12th. Special programs include:
Lunch with Grandparents*: Monday, October 8th
Bring a lunch to share with your prince or princess!
Students in Kindergarten 11:00-11:30 a.m.
Students in 1st grade 11:08-11:38 a.m.
Students in 2nd grade 11:15-11:45 a.m.
Students in grades 3-4, 11:20-11:50 a.m.
Students in grades 5-8, 12:10-12:35 p.m.
*Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your student’s lunch period. For students in grades K-3, it is extremely important to let their teacher know (either by note or email) that they will be eating lunch with a grandparent so that they can be sent directly to the commons area when they are dismissed for lunch.
Family Night Tuesday, October 9th 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Join us for contests, raffles, special performances, and food trucks!
Donuts with Dukes
Join us for a morning of donuts and great books at the Book Fair!
Students with last names starting with A-L
Thursday, October 11th, 7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m.
Students with last names starting with M-Z
Friday, October 12th, 7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m.
Dear HSE Parents,
Please help our school continuously improve by completing this OPTIONAL survey. Any and all feedback is welcome and will be used by the school improvement team to help review, revise, and implement school policies currently in place.
Please read for more information on how the school staff, parents, and students of HSE will all share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement. This document will be explained to parents by teachers during the parent-teacher conferences on Thursday, October 25, 2018.
Please read for more information on the school’s expectations for parent engagement including a list of common events and activities for parents and families to attend throughout the school year.
Please read for more information on how the school will use various federal and state funds to improve student achievement and facilitate parent and community engagement.
Thursday, September 20th – HSE will be having early dismissal at 1:00 p.m. for all students. No clubs – Zenith care is still available. No early pick up from the front office after 12:00 pm.
You are cordially invited to Harmony Houston North annual Title I meeting on Monday, October 1st, from 10:00 to 11:00 am
Also, you can give input at the Parent Family Engagement Review meeting on Thursday, September 20th from 9:00 to 11:00 am.
Both meetings will be held at 3203 N Sam Houston Pkwy W Houston, TX 77038 room #408
Fill out a survey HERE
- There are no staff members on duty until 7:00 A.M. to watch the students outside.
- Students are not allowed in the building before 7:20 A.M. unless they are reporting to a team practice.
- Therefore, we are not responsible for those who are here before 7:00 A.M.
- Please remember the final drop off time is 7:45, and students will be counted as tardy if they enter the building at or later than 7:50 A.M.
There available spots for these clubs if you are interested in enrolling your child/ren.
- Tuesday – Home Skills – (2nd – 4th grade)
- Wednesday – Club invention – (2nd & 3rd grade)
- Friday – Club invention – (4th & 5th grade)
- Friday – Guitar – (2nd – 8th grade)
HSE will be issuing numbered hanging car tags to replace the windshield stickers currently used at dismissal. The car tags are easier to transfer from car to car and the larger print makes the numbers easier to read. Tags will be neon yellow this year and will change color every year.
We will begin issuing car tags on September 5th
Receiving Car Tags:
- Car tags will be sent home with students who already have a number assigned to them from previous years
- Each student will get 2 copies of the new car tag; extras will be made by request
- For students who are NEW to HSE, parents will need to come to the front office and show ID to receive their number*
* Parent/Guardian must present ID and be listed in Skyward to verify they are legally able to pick up the child
- There will also be an opportunity to receive your car tags during Info Nights
Displaying Car Tags:
- Car tags must be displayed in the window, whether it’s hung from rear view mirror or on the dashboard, in order to have the student released to the parent
- Stickers need to be discarded if they do not match the number on the tag
- If the parent shares their car tag and number with anyone, they assume the responsibility for their child’s safety
- Official implementation starts on September 10th – if you do not have your car tag you will need to park and claim your tag.